Monday, July 5, 2010

Make hay while the sun shines


The hay has been cut and baled in the fields around our farm. Suddenly all the neighbours look to be much closer than they did when the grass was high and waving in the breeze.

 
The cover that smaller animals had enjoyed as protection from predators is suddenly gone. The hawks sit on the hay bales and survey their new kingdom.

A coyote passed through yesterday, looking very pleased with himself. I could almost hear him laughing.

The whole field is packed and ready to move.

 
Move 'em on, head 'em up

Head 'em up, move 'em on

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Rawhide

 
I have moved about a dozen times between leaving my childhood home and moving to this farm. But despite all that practice with packing up my belongings, I have never ever packed this neatly:

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Yesterday I took a drive in the country, and it seemed like just about every farm in this area was either cutting hay or harvesting wheat. I guess everyone is trying to take advantage of the very hot sunny weather right now, before it comes to an end.

    I like the first picture you posted Missus, the colours look so warm and earthy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think.